LDA Technologies has extensive knowledge and years of experience designing products for different industries
Communications and Networking / Telecom and Datacom
Information Security and Cryptography
With today’s technological advancements, for a trading product to be successful it often has to utilize everything that hi-tech has to offer. As FPGAs become widely adopted and low-latency wireless links between exchanges gain popularity, the competition for certain trades moves into nanosecond space. For other types of trading products it is very important that hardware and software aspects are carefully designed as a whole: a system that productively uses both the speed of current processors and FPGA’s predictability and ability of parallelism.
Our team has been working in trading industry since 2005 participating in all aspects of trading: from software feed handlers and order gateways to back-office tools and risk checks; from implementing advanced analysis tools and high-frequency trading strategies in software all the way to implementing market feed handlers and complete trading strategies on modern FPGAs. We are the Subject Matter Experts when it comes to products for trading industry: we know how the industry works, we know all major exchange protocols, all the implementation drawbacks and how to overcome them. We did it all, we did it more than once and we did it with the lowest latency possible at the time.
Exchanges (market data and order routing):
- S. Stocks: NASDAQ, NYSE ARCA, BATS/Direct Edge
- KRX (multiple broker gateways)
- Software and hardware-based risk check implementations on a client side and on a network device (bump-on-the-wire) for centralized risk evaluation.
- 15c3-compliant risk engines in software and on FPGA
Strategies and Trading Engines
- Complete trading strategies on the FPGA for sub-microsecond tick-to-trade latency
- Specialized FPGA-based packet processing engines for early detection of certain trade triggers
- Designing ultra-low latency software trading systems:
- Consulting on hardware (servers, NIC cards, etc.) and system optimization
- Efficient low-latency software development with optional tasks handled by FPGAs.
- Large computational tasks optimizations using OpenCL on FPGAs and GPUs
Communications and Networking
Today any industry has a communication problem to solve: from actual telecommunication or data communication task such as connecting high-bandwidth network segments between two data centers to an Internet of Things systems. In addition there is an ever increasing demand for higher speed, lower latency, broadband width, etc. which brings many new technological challenges. Only five years ago 10GbE was a speed for which all equipment had to be changed. And now we are looking into 100GbE.
Services provided by LDA Technologies within communication industry span from manufacturing networking equipment to designing custom communication protocols; from implementing low-latency data processing to troubleshooting complex problems.
LDA designed, developed and manufactured solutions that are currently running in all major trading data centers.
Our team has been active in communications and networking since late 90s working with early protocols such as WiFi (802.11b draft) and participating in design of devices used to provide secure communication. We have in-depth understanding of the problems and challenges of communication industry and we also bring to the table system and FPGA design and development capabilities.
- GbE, 10GbE, 25GbE, 40GbE, 100GbE
- T1/E1, T3, DS1/DS3
- SONET OC-3,
- SAS, FibreChannel
- Infiniband, RapidIO, RocketIO
- PCI-Express Gen 2, Gen 3
- FPGA Design, IP Design
- Embedded software/ firmware development
- Video Broadcast SDI, DVI, HDMI, DP
Information Security and Cryptography
Cryptographic systems have become a part of our daily life through the need for security in many common activities, such as communication, payments, data transfers etc.
With the expansion of global networks throughout the world it is becoming increasingly important to protect transmitted data. Moreover since the technological advancements make the networks faster, this protection should accelerate along with them. Cryptographic embedded systems were historically placed into ASICs. Starting 1980s the use of FPGAs was introduced into different parts of crypto cores’ design which accelerated things noticeably.
Now the performance gap between FPGAs and ASICs is pretty narrow and it allows FPGAs not only to be a prototyping tool but also to become viable option for hosting the cryptographic cores and solve problems ranging from high performance encryption algorithms to random number generators, etc.
Our team’s expertise in cryptography and information security started in late 90s while working on a family of network encryption devices and cryptographic IP cores.
Algorithms and Technologies:
- Network security: SSL/TLS, IPSec, Wireless communications, X.25 and ATM traffic encryption
- Database, web and application content encryption/authentication techniques
- Load balancing mechanisms on protected networks
- Symmetric encryption and hashing: DES/3DES, AES, SHA-1, SHA-256/SHA-512, MD5, HMAC
- Asymmetric encryption/key exchange: RSA, DSA, Diffie Hellmann, Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC)
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)